10 May 2014

Springtime Campus

Although is has felt more like Autumn the past week, last week Berlin was blooming with Springtime, pollen frenzy and warmth (the beautiful european kind of warmth, not the hell fires of Israel).


Freie Universität where we study is spread upon little houses in one neighborhood, so Boris and I only rarely get to meet each other. On Wednesdays we sometimes manage to, and last week I´ve decided to treat him for a delicious brownie our university cafeteria is serving. We generally have really good food there :)


 It was such an amazing day it felt almost wrong to waste it on studies XD.
Since focusing on homework hacks lately I´ve been taking my studies a bit more lightly than before, which helps to relieve stress in general. Pity though, we are having quite the boring second semester, but a shit load of (ungraded) homework to do -_-

I´ve also found a really nice long black dress at a Wallmart-like shop which I enjoy tangling in.
I sort of found a new part time job as well! It is a fundraising company where I would have to call rich people (who are usually funding already) and kindly ask them to fund different good cause organizations, such as animal shelters, refugees supporters etc etc. I am more than eager to pimp my German for this job, as it is very important to me to be able to integrate myself in society and bring my language to a level where it won´t be a problem to find a job in my field in the future. Schooling starts next week where I´ll see if I can actually pull it off. Keeping my fingers crossed!


And so I shall continue watching Samurai Champloo and watch a movie with Boris later today. Have a calm weekend everyone!!!

N. Finsternis

7 comments:

  1. The neighborhood the FU is in is so gorgeous in the spring. I kinda miss it now that you've reminded me of it o__o. Enjoy the weather once it warms up again =].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you went to the FU? yes the neighborhood is beautiful in all seasons, I´ve especially loved it in Autumn. Too bad it´s so far away from everything in the city though hehe.

      Delete
    2. Yes, as an exchange student (for winter 2012-13 and summer 2013). Autumn was nice, too. I liked the quiet in that area (and in Lichterfelde, which was where I was living) but at the same time the distance from everything else was annoying sometimes ^^;.

      Delete
  2. seems like you had a lovely spring day. And looks like such a pretty campus! And congrats on the new job...seems like a better deal than the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have to pass schooling, and yes an office job is the thing for me!

      Delete
  3. So glad that you found a better job! The weather in Scotland (well, Dundee) is absurdly nice here too. Best of luck with the homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scotland is probably amazing in all seasons :)

      Delete